ADMISSION CRITERIA FOR 1ST YEAR MBBS (SESSION 2021-22)
Rahbar Medical & Dental College is offering admissions in MBBS academic program – undergraduate medical educationin which students are accepted in the first year class for the five years program leading to the degree of Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (M.B.B.S) from 1st July 2021 for session 2021/2022
- A candidate must have passed F.Sc (Pre-Medical) or equivalent examination having minimum twelve years of education with a minimum of 65% marks from any Board or University or must have passed, obtaining more than 65% marks there in (or a higher percentage as may be notified by the PMC) in an examination of a course from a foreign university or examining body or foreign education system with at least three science subjects i.e. Biology, Chemistry and either Physics or Mathematics and certified by the inter-Boards Committee of Chairman (IBCC) as equivalent to higher secondary school certificate (HSSC) or F.Sc intermediate level of Pakistan.
- A candidate must have passed / appeared in the Entrance Test (MDCAT) with passing marks according to PMC/UHS admission policy.
For Foreign or Overseas Students
- A student who does not hold a Pakistan nationality, or holds a dual nationality or is an overseas or a non-resident Pakistan citizen and having obtained their HSSC or equivalent 12th grade qualification from outside Pakistan with three subjects out of which Biology, Chemistry and Physics or Mathematics are mandatory subjects with more than 65% aggregate as certificate by IBCC in the above terms shall be accepted in aggregate and the candidate shall be eligible for admission in the MBBS course. It shall be responsibility of the candidate to get equivalence certificates from IBCC, Islamabad for recognition of his/her qualification.
- A candidate must have passed the Entrance Test (MDCAT) Examination conducted by the National Medical Authority (i.e. PMC).
- No distinction shall be made in terms of merit and criteria between a Pakistani, Overseas Pakistani or Foreign student.
Merit Calculation criteria:
50 % marks in MDCAT
50% marks in FSc
Note: There will be no interview at RMDC for admission 2021.
NOTE: RMDC will follow the admission policy of PMC/UHS. The Change in above mentioned admission criteria is done as per Admission Regulation 2021 announced by Pakistan Medical Commission on 4th June, 2021. Furthermore, any change if needed, in admission policy by the concerned regulatory authorities shall be implemented even after the admission forms have been submitted